Basic Behaviour Rules
Here in Zelandonii, our primary rule is that we want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves while playing the game. As such, our cardinal rules concern behavior, first and foremost. Violating these rules will prompt a discussion with an officer; repeated violations can lead to removal from the guild.
- All guild members are expected to be respectful and polite when dealing with other members of the community. Griefing, interfering with other players, and otherwise being a jerk is not permitted.
- Humor is welcome! If someone is offended by a joke, apologize and move on; if you’re offended, state that and then move on. There’s no need to go into depth on the matter.
- The following topics are off-limits in general guild chat: Racism and Sexism.
- Adult language in guild chat is PERMITTED, but to some extent.
- All players are expected to treat officers and other guild members with respect and politeness.
These rules are simply guidelines; it’s possible that situations may develop in play which require more specific rules. In the event that an officer makes a rule for a time that’s more restrictive than these rules, go by that rule until further notice; if we expect the rule to be in place for an extended period of time, we’ll add it in here.
GM/Raid Lead: Kriztal
DGM/Performance Officer: Deenah
Raid Leads: Havoki / Viktoryn
Guild Banker/Master Loot: Altscar
Social Officers: Empt
Any issues you have with in the guild please approach the relevant officer to deal with them IE social aspects of the guild, talk to one of the social officers, any issues regarding the main raid team then talk to Havoki if they are unable to deal with the issue they will then escalate them to the DGM or GM to deal with.
Officers are appointed based upon experience, ability, and trustworthiness over time. While officers have authority over other guild members, they are not “superior” to other members and should not be considered as such. The officers are subject to the same rules as other members.
If you have a problem with one of the officers, please report it to another officer promptly. This includes situations wherein an officer makes you uncomfortable or appears to be violating the rules of the guild for any reason. We strive for transparency and accountability, but we don’t always succeed; let us know if we make mistakes so we can correct them in the future.
Violating the rules
Violating the rules of the guild is something that we take seriously, as it can lead to hard feelings and damage overall group cohesion. In the event that someone is violating the rules of the guild, we will investigate the matter and take appropriate action, whether the player in question is an officer or not.
In the event that someone is behaving contrary to the rules, the first step is a discussion with the player in question and a notification that there is a problem. No further action will be taken, and if nothing else happens within a month the entire thing can be forgotten.
A separate or continuing incident requires further steps. Someone who is consistently behaving contrary to the guild rules will be given a warning. Any further behavior issues will be dealt with via removal from the guild.
Main Raid Info & Rules
The main raid team focus is Heroic Raiding and Mythic+ Dungeons, with the possibility to do the first couple boss in Mythic Raids when we have the numbers
The general ethos of the raid team is that everyone should carry their own weight and be considerate of others. We’ve set down a few basic rules so that everyone is on the same page.
- Invites begin at 20:05 (ST). Raiders should aim to be online (on the right character) by then.
Raiders should be inside the instance and ready to fight by 20:15 (ST).
- We do ask raiders to sign up on the in-game calendar- this is so we can organize the group few days ahead, and avoid downtime.
- We ask raiders to have reasonable attendance. Regularly missing raids may lead to losing your spot to someone with higher attendance.
- Raiders should take pride in their characters. We expect people to gem and enchant their gear appropriately. The guild is happy to provide gems or enchants, so there’s really no excuse!
- We do expect progress raiders to learn the fight mechanics for new bosses ahead of time, but studying a specific execution strategy isn’t mandatory unless raid leadership requests it. Icy Veins and Fatboss guides are recommended.
- Very low performance or consistently failing at required tasks may lead to demotion, but considering the guild’s casual nature, we don’t expect world first-class performance, and we accept the occasional mistake.
Attitude is more difficult to write in rules. We don’t mind swearing itself, but most common uses seem to be rude comments towards a particular player or the raid in general – we’d rather do away with those. Suggestions or pointing out the occasional mistake is acceptable, but you should know the person you are talking to – not everyone responds to feedback similarly. If you are the recipient, don’t lash out defensively – they are trying to help you and the raid, not attack you. If in doubt, use whispers instead of voice, or message a raid leader or an officer.
© 2020 Zelandonii